07 July 2006

Longtime Friends and Lovers

As many of you know Lori and I have been married for a while. In fact, we just celebrated our 25th anniversary on 20 June. The next day was my parents' 50th. We didn't get to do anything on our actual anniversary day, however we did have a trip the week before. I attended an optometric conference in Fairbanks and Lori was with me. We got to stay in a nice bed and breakfast that uses train cars for rooms.
Being an avid golfer(when time and opportunity allow) I had to play golf as late as possible since we were having 24 hours of functional light in Fairbanks. I didn't get to be on the course at midnight, but here we are at 10pm. It was weird to have the sun go down(12:30am) and rise(3:45am), yet still have plenty of light. We took a hike that we finished at 10:30pm and had no problem seeing.
Anyway, we had a nice trip for our anniversary and got to see a very different part of Alaska...the part most people picture in their minds. We also took a trip to the Arctic Circle.

1 Comments:

At 14:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home