24 November 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I can't say "Turkey Day" since as the only meat eater in the house I got a very nice Cornish Game Hen for Thanksgiving. Lori made a meatless "meatloaf", but she and the kids decided that the dinner isn't really about turkey, but all the items going together. We still had our favorites... Lori's dressing, jello (except for meg), my rolls, my pies (only 4 this year) and a yam dish that is fun and tasty. We were served this on the Thanksgiving right after Meg's 1st birthday. We were in Idaho looking at a couple of practices to get involved in (neither worked out) and the family we had dinner with had prepared this yam dish... Yams, apples, crushed pineapple, raisins, walnuts and brown sugar. We have fixed it each year since then.
It was kind of strange this year with only 4 of us. We are used to having a pretty big crowd. Maybe next year we can be down in California with my parents. My brother John and his family were in Long Beach this year.
With the ice, snow, and cold we are having I took Charles out to learn how to drive on the ice. Good lesson, but only experience will really help. Charles has been a good driver... especially since he has only driven my 5-speed manual car. Meg has had no desire yet to get her license.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home