23 January 2009

Lori and Rick Sitting in a Tree....

My wife / best friend / sweethart is the the love of my life. I will gladly give her credit for making what I am today. Of course, my overweightness is a bit my fault. Lori has become such a good cook that it dominates my will power.

She helped me find a profession which I liked and encouraged me, helped me, worked her tail off, and taught me how to be a bit adventurous...which has let us to Alaska for one thing. We are approaching 28 years of being married and still find time to be best friends amid all the "stuff" life throws at us.
Here are a few pictures of just the 2 of us in the past few years. I'll have to find some old ones to scan later.
On the Yukon River and next to the Trans-Alaska Pipeline.


This is where it all began.. 20 June 1983. Wow...that guy is skinny and the chick was and is a fox!!!


Fairbanks at 10:30 pm. June 2006


Disneyland Feb. 2005


Disneyland Feb. 2005


Sitka Thanksgiving Day 2008. A really nice day so we took a hike on the Mosquito Cove trail.


Crater Lake Sept 2008. Part of the trip we took with Meg and Charles to let them look at colleges. This natural wonder is still not as beautiful as my sweethart.


Disneyland March 2008. Yes, we like the place.


Fanning Island Dec. 2003. This was part of our Hawai'ian cruise for Richard's 16th birthday.
About 200 miles north of the equator.


Sitka Alaska Nov. 2005. This was during the site visit SEARHC did for us when I was being hired. This shot happens to be at Silver Bay and is about 2 miles from our current house.

I look forward to another 50 years or so with my wife in this life and an eternity beyond.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home