04 April 2008

Long Beach Hart Home on the Market

(NOTE:
I had a bad link for the house. Please now use
the following as a link to
www.virginiabrady.com. When there please
click on the Properties button on the left
and then on the link for Current Inventory).

Following the above link(the title of this post) you can see the home I grew up in.
Since my dad went in to the nursing home last summer my mom started making plans to move to a retirement area called Leisure World in Seal Beach(about 5 miles away). With the sale of the house Mom will be able to buy a place there for cash and have all that she needs...and what she doesn't need(lawn and other maintinance).
When my folks(with David and me) move to southern California in 1960 we rented a duplex on Euclid. I remember a bit about that place. In 1962, a year or so after John was born, we rented the house on Tevis from some friends. The deal was apparently a rent-to-own thing and in 1964 my parents were able to buy the house. In 1994 it was paid off just as my dad retired from teaching for 34 years.
The house wasn't always this big. When we moved in it had a large back yard. Between 1968 and 1970 we added the family room/master suite. Then there was a small remodel on the front of the house in the 80's.
I will miss this house and had to say "good-bye" a couple of weeks ago when we were there for spring break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home